Sunday, December 2, 2012

5 Things You May Not Have Thought of When Planning for an Emergency | Wake Up World

5 Things You May Not Have Thought of When Planning for an Emergency | Wake Up World

  One of the very first things I did when I adopted what I like to call the “Prepping Lifestyle” is do a walk around inventory. Although I had not consciously considered myself a prepper – and at the time I barely knew what that meant anyway – I discovered that I had a lot of stuff, but that it was woefully disorganized and lacking in many key areas.
I had lots of canned goods, supplemental lighting, off-grid cooking devices, tools and more. But I was sorely lacking in water and first aid items. Go figure.
Over the past couple of years, I have learned a lot, shared a lot and made a number of prepping mistakes. Taking them all in stride – well, not quite, but I try – I can now look back with relief that I have come as far as I have. But as I often say, prepping is a way of life and there is always something new to learn, tasks to do and gear to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment